What happens when a bad-boy celebrity rocker meets a small-town bestselling novelist? Find out in this first book in the sizzling new True series by Liora Blake!
While most novelists would consider jetting off to Hollywood for a TV interview rather exciting, small-town Montana writer Kate Mosely finds it all a bit exhausting. After losing her husband in a car accident where she was behind the wheel, Kate has finally found her bearings in the world again, rebuilding a simple but stable life. And even if that means a lot of lonely nights watching old movies and quiet days writing obituaries for her hometown newspaper, Kate’s not sure she’s ready for her life to change—again.
Until she shares the stage—and a whole heap of carnal gazes—with rock star Trevor “Trax” Jenkins. Despite his intimidating on-stage bravado, underneath it Kate discovers a man with a Rilke poem tattooed on his arm, an appreciation for cronuts, and a snarky wit that matches her own.
As she and Trevor explore their heated chemistry, the scarred parts of Kate’s heart begin to heal, making room for a love so passionate it makes her want long-forgotten things equal parts naughty, heart-swelling, and joyful. But when a searing exposé in a trashy gossip magazine sends Kate running, will it threaten their chances at forever?
So What Did I Think of True North by Liora Blake?
- Really enjoyed the writing style. Told in first person from Kate’s point of view, it was straight forward and to the point and a bit descriptive which made for a great flow that I liked a lot.
- Kate was a great character; she was down to earth and practical with a sassy edge, which was a great challenge for Trevor being this famous rock star. I was really feeling Trevor and his big bold personality that had me excited to see what he would do and say next.
- I found their relationship to be fun and challenging with Trevor and Kate dealing with their opposite lifestyles, as well as trying to move forward in life when horrible things happen. The drama held my attention as they struggled and adapted with how their lives were changing and they embraced their feelings creating this sizzling romance.
- The drama was interesting with Kate dealing with opening her heart again to a new relationship and Trevor really opening himself to love. I really enjoyed how Trevor pursued Kate and the determination he had to bring down all of her walls.
- Overall I really enjoyed reading True North by Liora Blake with its sizzling romance, cool compelling characters and interesting drama.