An accident that should end in tragedy instead gives seventeen-year-old Jamie Baker a slew of uncontrollable superhuman abilities.
To keep her secret safe Jamie socially exiles herself, earning the title of Rocklin High's resident ice queen. But during a supercharged encounter with star quarterback Ryan Miller she literally kisses anonymity goodbye. Now the annoyingly irresistible Ryan will stop at nothing to melt the heart of the ice queen and find out what makes her so special.
Unfortunately, Ryan is not the only person on to her secret. Will Jamie learn to contain her unstable powers before being discovered by the media or turned into a government lab rat?
More importantly, can she throw Ryan Miller off her trail before falling in love with him?
- The Romance: Loved the romantic dynamic between Jamie and Ryan. They practically sizzled the pages.
- The Story: The journey that Jamie went through in dealing with her powers, school and trying to balance it all while keeping her secret.
- The Drama: It erupted when Ryan made his way into Jamie’s life turning all eyes on her. Forcing Jamie to deal with the ultimate question. To tell or not to tell?
- The Aftermath: I enjoyed how a major incident already happened and the focus was on the characters dealing with the aftermath as well as the new obstacles that came their way.
Could Have Been Better
- The Villain – While the main focus was the romance between Jamie and Ryan I would have liked a more serious, deranged, kick ass villain. I didn’t really get that in the story. I wanted more out of the villain.
Jamie– Stubborn, Independent, Smart Loner. Enjoyed her voice and how she gradually gone from being the snaky, independent loner to opening up her heart to love.
Ryan – Persistent Popular Hunk. There was more than meets the eye with him which made me enjoy finding out exactly what that was. I like that he had the guts to see more in Jamie and was not afraid to go after it.