Review: Midnight Reckoning by Kendra Leigh Castle
Two separate worlds ... One passion that binds them
Wild and passionate by nature, Lyra Black is not just any werewolf. She's the future leader of the powerful pack of the Thorn - if she can stay alive long enough to inherit the title.
One of the Cait Sith bloodline of vampire cat-shifters, Jaden Harrison has no interest in the wars plaguing the world of night. But when he rescues Lyra from a violent attack, they're both captured by an insatiable desire that threatens to overwhelm them and bind them together for eternity... just as ancient enemies prepare to strike. And when they do, the Thorn and the Cait Sith - and Lyra and Jaden's love - may never recover from the deadly blow...
I didn’t know what to expect with Midnight Reckoning but I was pleasantly surprised a werewolf and vampire falling in love? This story was filled with drama and excitement, two elements I love in a story. Would the characters capture my interest as well? A question that lead me to pick up the book to find out.
- The story of how a werewolf and vampire go against their societies and culture to fall in love while surviving in the process really captured and held my attention. The Dynasties was intricate, detailed world. How each supernatural society culture worked and the drama that ensued from it really made the world Jaden and Lyra lived in feel real.
- The story was action packed from beginning to end. How Lyra and Jaden came together and dealt with their differences added another level of intensity to the story. The animosity between werewolves and the mixed breed vampire-cat shifters kept the danger at peak level, which I enjoyed.
- Jaden and Lyra romance was really hot. I enjoyed that they had a history and independent lives before they were thrust together again. The attraction they felt for each other was as intense as the story. Their love wasn’t this instant thing, yes they had an instant connection, but it took time for the connection they felt for each other to grow into something more.
- Lyra was strong character that was willing to do what was right for her pack no matter the doubt and negativity. She received on a regular basis from family and friends. I enjoyed her snide tough characteristic and even with her hard exterior she still identified with her weakness and recognized when she couldn’t do it alone and needed help.
- Jaden was just as tough and complicated but he knew how to jock and laugh which soften his character and made him likable and I liked. Even though he been through horrors in his life he kept his humanity which in the end lead him to Lyra. I liked both characters and connected with them as individuals, dealing with their individual problems and their wild romance.
I really enjoyed Midnight Reckoning, it was an intense story filled with action and passionate romance. Kendra Leigh Castle created an intriguing world filled with a combination age-old supernaturals and new unique creatures that added a freshness to the story. Adult readers of paranormal romance should defiantly give Midnight Reckoning a try. I look forward to more from Kendra Leigh Castle.